Personally I've been with Discord for a while now and use it myself to keep in touch with Twitch streamers, Music Communities and my own smaller community for gaming and other activities.
For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it's basically a mixture of Skype and Teamspeak with more features, a much more dedicated Dev team etc.
So here's a few advantages and features I've found to be useful with Discord and why Cloud Penguin should consider using it.
* Servers cost nothing to create, don't have a time limit and are almost completely customisable.
* There's a range of server locations to choose and location changes themselves take a matter of seconds to apply.
* PC, Mac and Mobile compatibility with software that supports the listed platforms although I don't believe it supports Windows Phone but they're working on it.
* Alternatively they do have a Browser-based version but it's not recommended as it has a few limitations with microphone quality and audio playback.
* Loads of other neat stuff I can't include here without producing an essay about it.
Thanks for reading my first post on Cloud Penguin!
2007 - 2016