Tell us about your suggestions about Cloud Penguin and the forums here.
Forum rules: Before posting please read the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90
By Modz4Dayz04
#1414 Honestly, something needs to be done about MultiBot, because people keep spamming hundreds of bots that LAG OUT the server. In my opinion there should be some kind of limit. This can easily be compared to a DDOS attack, and I feel like the more bots people use, the more it IS like a DDOS attack. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this, and don't get me wrong I LOVE bots, I just feel like when multiple people have access to so many, it ruins the fun of the game for little kids that actually play it, as well as people who just want to f*** around and chat with friends.
By Snowfire0206
Modz4Dayz04 Wrote:Honestly, something needs to be done about MultiBot, because people keep spamming hundreds of bots that LAG OUT the server. In my opinion there should be some kind of limit. This can easily be compared to a DDOS attack, and I feel like the more bots people use, the more it IS like a DDOS attack. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this, and don't get me wrong I LOVE bots, I just feel like when multiple people have access to so many, it ruins the fun of the game for little kids that actually play it, as well as people who just want to f*** around and chat with friends.

The lagging is most likely due to your computer/internet connection speed as it can't keep up with the actions of so many accounts in one room. If you press the "minus" key on your keyboard, you will lower the quality of the screen, which may alleviate the problem. I do this a lot when logging in to a crowded server.

While on the subject of multiple bots, Club Penguin limits the amount of active connections coming from an IP address. Because of this, a person may only have 50 active connections to Club Penguin. There is a way around this, but it can't be done with the Multibot add-in, so anyone who uses it will have no more than 50 accounts (49 if you exclude the target user) making it impossible to single-handedly force the server down.

If someone is causing so much havoc on a server that a CP moderator hasn't come along to perma-ban their accounts, you can tweet either me or Winder a screenshot of the CuP user, and one of us (if we're available) will log on to the server and close out (or ban if necessary) that person's CuP account. If we're not on, we'll post a warning to that user's account.

We recently outlined some new rules that we created in response to the increased use of this addin. All users are expected to abide by them, and not cause so much trouble that they end up ruining another person's day.