Questions? Post them here, with no fear. We'll do our best to answer them as promptly as possible.
Forum rules: Before posting please read the FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=90
By sheen321
#1834 since cloud penguin is done with because of club penguin shut down, i've had to resort to classic packet sniffing. however, this isn't working.

any advice?

i've so far: gave admin privilege when opening, disabled antivirus, used ie + firefox and unprotected macromedia flash from packet sniffing and tried using a direct url to the swf

for background, im doing this on the club penguin rewritten server

honestly if i could substitute cprw into the swf for club penguin in any way, i'd be grateful because i really only need the packet editor :1f605:
By CPHax2
#1839 WPE Pro needs to be run with the same privileges as the target program, so if you want to sniff packets from a program that has admin permissions, you have to run WPE Pro as an admin. Oddly enough, this works both ways - capturing packets from programs without admin permissions will work only if WPE Pro is also run with no admin privileges.
Try that and if it still doesn't work, make sure that you have the right packet types checked in your options.
By nagi123
CPHax2 Wrote:Ok, so the problem might be that you're using the swf directly rather than in the game. Or it could be about the target process.

Hello,
I use Firefox browser but the packets don't appear. The target process is directed to "plugin-container.exe".
Do you know how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!
By CPHax2
nagi123 Wrote:Hello,
I use Firefox browser but the packets don't appear. The target process is directed to "plugin-container.exe".

Thanks in advance!

If you haven't tried other things that were mentioned here yet: disable the protected mode in Flash, check the correct packet types in WPE Pro options (Winsock 1.1 as well as 2.0) and disable your anti-virus. Otherwise you might want to re-download WPE Pro with your protection turned off to make sure that the files aren't corrupted.
By nagi123
CPHax2 Wrote:
nagi123 Wrote:Hello,

Thanks in advance!

If you haven't tried other things that were mentioned here yet: disable the protected mode in Flash, check the correct packet types in WPE Pro options (Winsock 1.1 as well as 2.0) and disable your anti-virus. Otherwise you might want to re-download WPE Pro with your protection turned off to make sure that the files aren't corrupted.

Thank you!