Talk about anything related to Club Penguin here.
By Booman7736
#1832 I don't know how people will react to this, but I'm 100% sure that I'm part of the reason why Club Penguin shut down...

I did some research and found out that Disney had to shut down CP because they received too many complaints about follow-bots in the form of a swastika.

Some spooked people who had never heard of Cloud Penguin's hacking program believed that the game was somehow being hacked and manipulated by actual Nazis from Russia. (Which isn't true of course)

So Disney, who hadn't heard of Cloud Penguin either, believed this and reported about the hacking to authorities, and authorities told Disney to shut down the online game, and that's why the Waddle On party and CP Island exists.

Even though the whole swastika thing had been going on for a while, I looked up a bot tutorial on YouTube in January and I found it fascinating.

I'm just an ordinary, peaceful gamer from the USA and I thought the swastika thing was funny because it was so random.

I figured it out by mid January and I was messing with people a lot. Probably more than other users...

About a day after I had some fun with the bots, Disney announced the end of CP on January 30th, and then the Waddle On party became a thing. So I feel that the end of CP is kind of my fault, and every other bot maker.

I just feel really bad for being part of the reason why Club Penguin is dead. I never would've made swastika follow-bots if I had known what would happen. I saw other people doing it, and I thought it was cool that you could make bots in any formation and customize them.

Some other users thought the clones were cool and funny, while others who had no clue were apparently spooked and thought there were real Nazis in the game. I feel terrible.

Maybe if we tell Disney about this website's hacking program, explain that the hackers weren't real Nazis, and terminate the hacking program, then maybe we could convince them to bring back Club Penguin?

A lot of people miss the real CP and I just wanna fix the mess that I unknowingly helped create. :(
By Snowfire0206
#1833 While you and a number of people certainly contributed to a problem, I'm almost certain the increased abuse of follow bots wasn't what led to Disney's decision to close CP.

CPI had been in the works for a long while. For marketing reasons, the original CP had to eventually be closed so as to increase the focus on their new game. There's almost no reason for someone to have a long-term interest if there's something else (the original CP) still available, thus, they closed it.

Booman7736 Wrote:So Disney, who hadn't heard of Cloud Penguin either, believed this and reported about the hacking to authorities, and authorities told Disney to shut down the online game, and that's why the Waddle On party and CP Island exists.

There have been no public reports of this, and so I highly doubt this is true. I do believe, however, that the increased number of users abusing follow bot programs over the past few months was what led to the escalation in CP's inevitable closure.

Booman7736 Wrote:I'm just an ordinary, peaceful gamer from the USA and I thought the swastika thing was funny because it was so random.

Booman7736 Wrote:I never would've made swastika follow-bots if I had known what would happen. I saw other people doing it, and I thought it was cool that you could make bots in any formation and customize them.

The swastika is not funny, especially in a children's game. Even to this day, the swastika can still be largely perceived as a hate symbol. You also weren't being considerate of the other players (again this is a children's game), and that should make it far worse than the fact that CP potentially closed sooner than they would have.

If you haven't seen this topic already, take a look at it. It relates to this discussion: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=265.

Booman7736 Wrote:Maybe if we tell Disney about this website's hacking program, explain that the hackers weren't real Nazis, and terminate the hacking program, then maybe we could convince them to bring back Club Penguin?

If it's any comfort and to recap, I don't believe you were responsible for CP's decision to close. It was bound to happen sooner or later if they ever wanted CPI to succeed as much as it ever will. I do believe, however, that several people abusing bot scripts caused CP to close down sooner than it would've had to. CPI has been in the works for a long while, but the escalation in bot takeovers likely motivated the developers to finish up CPI, so they could confidently announce the closure of CP.
By Booman7736
#1835 I just now realized that the following events are all my fault:

Right after I signed up here and became a bot-maker, my main email address was terminated, but not all the other ones... Coincidence? I think not.

Also, I wasn't able to log in to Club Penguin on all browsers after February, but I could play it on any other device or location without the "Lost Connection" message... But CP Rewritten worked just fine after the shut-down... That obviously must mean that my IP address was blocked from Club Penguin for hacking. It's possible.

The night of January 30th was the last time I created bot accounts... The next day, CP announced that they were shutting down... Coincidence? I think not. It's gotta be my fault for messing with people too much.

In conclusion, I am 100% certain that all of these events occured because of my hacking charades. Sure, there were other hackers, but if it wasn't for me, then I'm certain that the release of the Waddle On Party and CPI would've been delayed longer.

I mean wow, I have to live with the fact that I ruined Club Penguin for the rest of my life... That's major...

I've played and obsessed over Club Penguin for almost 10 years. It really hurts to see millions of other people hurt about losing this great game for a lame mobile app that nobody asked for...

All because of us 'hackers'. Most people don't even know why this happened. It's petty. It shouldn't have ended like this, and I'm sorry for being part of the problem.

I never would've signed up here if I had known... In fact, if hacks for CP never existed, then CP would still be here today. I have no words... I don't even know what to feel... I just feel like a horrible person.

But actions have consequences and nothing can be done to bring back the original Club Penguin. The damage is done I'm afraid.
By Karth123
#1836 For gods sakes please do not refer to yourself as a 'hacker'. You are not the reason CP shut down (neither am I), CP was bound to close down.

You are just someone who used a script and I'm pretty sure it was mine. As the only public follow bots available at the time was mine and CPHax2's multi bot addin, also my follow bot had the swastika formation built in.
By tootyta
Booman7736 Wrote:I don't know how people will react to this, but I'm 100% sure that I'm part of the reason why Club Penguin shut down...

I did some research and found out that Disney had to shut down CP because they received too many complaints about follow-bots in the form of a swastika.

Some spooked people who had never heard of Cloud Penguin's hacking program believed that the game was somehow being hacked and manipulated by actual Nazis from Russia. (Which isn't true of course)

So Disney, who hadn't heard of Cloud Penguin either, believed this and reported about the hacking to authorities, and authorities told Disney to shut down the online game, and that's why the Waddle On party and CP Island exists.

Even though the whole swastika thing had been going on for a while, I looked up a bot tutorial on YouTube in January and I found it fascinating.

I'm just an ordinary, peaceful gamer from the USA and I thought the swastika thing was funny because it was so random.

I figured it out by mid January and I was messing with people a lot. Probably more than other users...

About a day after I had some fun with the bots, Disney announced the end of CP on January 30th, and then the Waddle On party became a thing. So I feel that the end of CP is kind of my fault, and every other bot maker.

I just feel really bad for being part of the reason why Club Penguin is dead. I never would've made swastika follow-bots if I had known what would happen. I saw other people doing it, and I thought it was cool that you could make bots in any formation and customize them.

Some other users thought the clones were cool and funny, while others who had no clue were apparently spooked and thought there were real Nazis in the game. I feel terrible.

Maybe if we tell Disney about this website's hacking program, explain that the hackers weren't real Nazis, and terminate the hacking program, then maybe we could convince them to bring back Club Penguin?

A lot of people miss the real CP and I just wanna fix the mess that I unknowingly helped create. :(

No offense, but that's just about the dumbest idea ever. You didn't cause CP to shutdown. CP just shut down to make CPI mobile, they need more money so this is just what businesses do. They don't get hurt from bots; they continue. Do you know how long bots have been a thing? A very long time, so if this was the cause then CP would've close a while ago.
By Yopy
#1856 This view seems to be very self centered to the users that use Cloud Penguin. I personally believe that Club Penguin did not shut down for one sole reason. Although client manipulation (Trainers and PCLs) may have played a part, I believe a more major role would have been Club Penguins ever decreasing popularity and population. Club Penguin boomed in 2011 thanks to Disney's advertisement and funding, but like everything sponsored by Disney the spark diminishes. "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long" - Tyrell, Blade Runner. Club Penguin was a world wide phenomenon at one point. Popularity grew but it popularity eventually decreased. People forgot. By 2015 Club Penguin ran out of funding requiring them to fire 30 people from the original team. Club Penguin Offices all over the world began to close. Club Penguin didn't close because of us. But it closed because all things expire. But just because it closed doesn't mean we can no longer hack. I remember saying on this forum when it had a different engine "As long as Club Penguin exists someone will always be there to challenge the system." I believe this applies to this day to any other system. Also a hacker is "a person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data", so technically non of us have really hacked Club Penguin. Not even the MhX, Asynchronee or RancidKraut.
By alexkiki1
Booman7736 Wrote:I don't know how people will react to this, but I'm 100% sure that I'm part of the reason why Club Penguin shut down...

when you are doing this again?